I realise that routine is the name of the game. Any break of routine means that it's hard to get consistency of either diet or exercise. Self inflicted weekend of shame - lots of booze and munching on rubbish rolled over til Tuesday. Skipped long run on Friday and replaced with a weak 5.6km on Saturday. Need to stay to regular time slots. Ran 8km tonight (Tuesday) and will aim for 9km Wed, 12km Fri and 6-8km on Saturday. However, I'm in London on Mon-Wed and have a full schedule. Things become tight again. I'll get diet re-established only to blow it all when we are away - who can resist an all you can eat pizza hut buffet? I might try and squeeze in a cheeky 5km on the Tuesday/Wednesday morning. Then a decent run on the Friday and Sunday of that week, but it's not going to be a vintage week. I'm definitely going to be down a run from my ideal 4! This seems to be the case too often - what with parent's evenings etc.
After London there are several nights out in the run up to christmas. Mates 30th, work night (both official and unofficial), then christmas itself and the lads night out. Maybe I need to be sensible and make sure I'm not counting on the post boozing day for my long run, and trying not to go OTT on the munch for several days at a time. I'd still like to do the Lancaster Half - just to get the season up and running and to ensure that my running stays at the 3 (worst case) to 4 times per week pattern I'd like. Even if it's very slow I'd like to think I'll start 2014 with a better base than I did 2013. I broke 30mins for 5km today which although not impressive is the first time I've managed the feat since achilies became an issue. If I can start the new year with good regular mileage and a decent long run each week then the idea of a marathon or improved half marathon times can become more realisitc.
Diet is the biggest issue for me. If I'm running I am more inclined to eat well. If not I eat shit. It's quite illogical. If I keep running I can afford the odd biscuit.
I know I feel better if I ran and if I eat well. The past couple of days have been horrible having eaten and drank so badly. I just need to remember this. The only runs that I ever regret are the ones I don't go on. I'm begining to motivate myself to run at night in some terrible conditions- keep that positive step going!
No comments:
Post a Comment